Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Watchers, Seekers, Dwellers

Our sweet Grands are always on our minds but with Mr. Bill and I not yet retired, we struggle to find enough time to spend with them.  Ella & Caleb (4 & 2 in October) both know us as PopC and MomC and  how precious those words when they say them.  Little Isabelle (3 mos) and our new little one (13 weeks) will one day join the chorus of sweet words!

David asks two rhetorical questions in Psalm 139, “Where shall I go from Your Spirit? Or where shall I flee from Your Presence?” (V.7).  Ella & Caleb are porch-watchers; on the porch watching for our coming or going.  Caleb’s pretty attached to his Mom these days, and even little Isabelle is learning the joy of being held closely.  As I read David’s answers to his own questions, I thought of our little ones’ longings, their attachments: “If I ascend … You are there – If I make my bed in … You are there; If I take wings and dwell in … even there. (V.8-10a). Then I considered if I ignored or neglected the attentiveness of these little ones, pretended their presence and favor toward us didn’t matter?  Seems this is how we treat God at times; He Who loves us so, Who has precious thoughts of us (V.17), Who gave us His only Son, Who knew me before I was formed (V.16), Who is continuously-ever mindful of me.  Then David’s intense plea to his Created, his Sustainer: “Search me, O God, and know my heart! Try me and know my thoughts. And see if there be any grievous way in  me; and lead me in the way everlasting.” (V.23-24).  I hope our Grands never grow tired of their PopC and MomC – I hope they’ll always be porch-watchers!  My personal prayer is I never entertain thoughts of a futile pursuit to flee the Presence of God.  No, let us always be watchers, seekers, dwellers of and with the Most High.  So be it, Lord!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home