Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Hasten & Obey

Mr. Bill calls me The Procrastinator!  I admit my motto is often "why do today what you can put off until tomorrow."  Now, a seasoned procrastinator, I prefer to explain my delay-in-doing as working best on deadlines.  It just sounds so much better.

 

We are often greatly bothered by two fussy little men,

Who sometimes block our pathway -- their names are How and When.

If we have a task or duty which we can put off a while,

And we do not go and do it, you should see those two rogues smile!

But there is a way to beat them, and I will tell you how:

If you have a task or duty -- do it well, and do it now.  (Author Unknown)

 

God doesn’t nurture procrastination! I must confess, my personal and professional life seem to be much better organized when I make [and adhere to] a "to do" list.  With regard to our spiritual lives this should be our guide: "I will hasten and not delay to obey Your commands." (Psalm 119:60). When the Lord speaks, without hesitation or doubt, we are called to "hasten and obey” in trust and obedience.

 

Dear Lord,

Take away that nagging urge to procrastinate, and hasten my steps and make my spirit obedient today.  In Jesus' Name, Amen.

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home