Thursday, October 8, 2015

Right Direction

Occasionally ... I have a good idea!  Sometimes ... it's even an original one!  I've arrived at a place in my life, however, I'd just as soon someone point me in the right direction and give me a good shove!

 

Wisdom is not learned -- it's a reward to the person who seeks God. Sadly, Christians have [mostly] treated Godly wisdom with disdain, worth little serious consideration.  Godly counsel is often received as a "good idea."  A good idea!  God doesn't suggest but instructs us toward Life.  He said, "See, I have set before you today Life and Good, death and evil. If you obey the commandments of the Lord your God that I command you today, by loving the Lord your God, by walking in His ways, and by keeping His commandments and His statutes and His rules, then you shall live and multiply, and the Lord your God will bless you ..." (Deuteronomy 30:15-16).  What is it to know The Holy One and live in His Wisdom?   Matthew Henry writes, "We must make It our business, not a by-business ... Lay hold on It as we lay hold on a good bargain ... Persevere in the way of It ... Embrace It with all our might."  Those who follow Christ do not live a life of guessing, relying on luck or chances!  God gives Wisdom and reveals Understanding to all who seek Him.  He is The Way, The Truth, and The Life – those who have lost their way, their sense of direction, seek Him.  His Way leads to Life … the Right Direction!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home