Thursday, January 28, 2016

Trace Your Name

Just above my left eye, hidden in my eyebrow, is a scar.  I do not remember the incident, but I am told when I was very young I fell on some brick steps.  No, I don’t even remember Mama grabbing me up and running for … well, no one really knows WHERE she was running to!

 

Struggles will always be part of life here as will be the tendency to stay anxious.  Finances, relationships, schedules, disappointments, heartache, sorrow, loneliness, and so many other things push-push-push us to wonder, "Does God really care?”  We know, of course, He does but still we wonder, “Where are You, God?”  I remember raising my hand in school when I knew the answer.  Picture this if you can: God has raised His hand high – He IS The Answer and tries to get our attention.  He knows every detail of our lives: every pain we feel, every hurt we know, every tear we cry, every anxious moment we experience.  Now, look closely at His hand, " ... I will not forget thee. Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands ... " (Isaiah 49:15-16).   The Hebrew word for

"graven" is "cut, traced."  Your name and my name --  cut into the hands of God.  It is impossible that He cannot know, cannot care. There is no way for Him to forget us!  Put your hand into His and know His peace as you …  trace your name!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home