Monday, November 7, 2016

A Theme For Marvel

There are many causes to celebrate: births and birthdays, weddings and anniversaries, new jobs and retirements, and numerous other life events.  It’s good and fun to celebrate but most celebrations are short-lived.  That is, unless it’s a self-proclaimed family holiday – as Mr. Bill rolls his eyes -- like my birthday!

 

How absolutely silly is it that Christians dare walk around wringing their hands and with long faces in fretfulness!  Yes, we’ve all done it – we all do it!  These could be our words instead of Israel's, “The LORD has forsaken me; my Lord has forgotten me.” (Isaiah 49:14).  No matter how many times God has rescued His own, some crisis comes along and stirs up the worry and fear: a cold-water celebration with an aftermath of stale cake, wilting flowers, deflated balloons, and used party plates.  To this our God says, “Behold, I have engraved you on the palms of My hands.” (Isaiah 49:16).  It's not just my name that's etched in His hands; no, it's my doings and undoings, my strengths and weaknesses, my victories and failures, my beliefs and unbeliefs, my remembrances and forgetfulness.  Instead of the fear-and-doubt song-and-dance, we should remember, “The steadfast Love of the LORD never ceases, His mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; Great is Your Faithfulness. ‘The LORD is my Portion,’ says my soul, therefore I will hope in Him.” (Lamentations 3:22-24).  The biggest celebration of God’s faithfulness -- which never ceases -- is knowing there is no aftermath!  Oh, to marvel in Christ each day, every moment of each day!  Oh, what a wonder is The Father of the Redeemed -- His Faithful Goodness a continuous theme to marvel.  "How marvelous, how wonderful - And my song shall ever be - How marvelous, how wonderful - Is my Savior's Love for me."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home