Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Spread the Red

What's your favorite colors?  I love earth tones ... hazelnut and sage, but I also love bold and bright ... royal blue and sunflower yellow.  One summer I bought a pair of bright orange pajamas and when Mr. Bill saw them, he exclaimed, "Hunter orange -- one of my favorite colors."  Beverly, what were you thinking!  Not thinking, obviously.

 

God is Creator of all colors and I like to think He loves them all, but it is God who made the color red famous.  No, it wasn't Cupid or Santa; it was the color of God's Love poured out for you and I.  That bright and beautiful Living Sacrifice today represents no less atonement, forgiveness, mercy, grace or love.  That Red frees us to love others, give to others, serve others.  He has plainly shown us how: "We love because He first loved us." (John 4:19).  Every day is the day to celebrate Red, to celebrate God’s Love ... Spread The Red.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home