Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Perfect Conductor

If you've ever been part of a choir, one of the first things you learn is to watch the conductor.  A good director knows his stuff, and well he should since all eyes are on him!  One missed cue or stutter-step and the whole crowd is whacked except, of course, those who aren't watching the director!

 

Psalm 33:18 says, "But the eyes of the Lord are on those who fear Him, and those whose hope is in His unfailing love." Read that again -- God is always watching those who fear Him, those who hold Him in reverence.  Young eagles are born with the capacity to fly, but they must be taught.  That's why a baby eagle is literally pushed from his nest by father and mother after only a few short months; he must learn to soar -- it's what eagles are born to do!  I recall times when I felt God had shoved me from where I was comfortable, where I felt secure, and where I was actually quite content!  Those difficult times gave birth to times of deepening trust in Him.  It was soaring practice. However frightening and unpleasant those times were, God was always between me and the rocks below!  He never went to sleep – He never missed a cue – He never failed me.  He was – and is – the Perfect Conductor!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home