Monday, March 27, 2017

Walk Soundly

You may never fully appreciate light until there is none.  Although [personally] I struggle with eye disease, low light is not my friend.  The illumination engineer at my house does a pretty good job of making sure light is always available.

 

Proverbs 6:23 says, “For the commandment is a lamp and the teaching a light …”  Godlly instruction is an essential part of the Christian's life.  It is as important to walking wisely as lamp light is to the reader!  Interestingly, many Christians choose instead to battle the darkness, stumbling and even falling.  How foolish we are at times!  God’s commandments and laws are given to guide us in this life.  Several months ago Mr. Bill strategically positioned a motion activated light so I can more easily see to unlock the door. The psalmist affirms and assures us of the importance of God’s words,  “Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.” (Psalm 119:105).  Besides illumination, like the warm welcome of a porch light, is Godly instruction.  I encourage you to open God's Word and read His wise commands, and walk soundly in their Light!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home