Thursday, May 25, 2017

Choose

To choose may be a privilege, but I’ve concluded it’s highly over-rated!  In truth, most options presented are either good or best.  Oswald Chambers says, “The good is always the enemy of the best.”  God said to Abram, “I am the Almighty God; walk before Me, and be thou perfect.” (Genesis 17:1).  When we walk by faith, we relinquish the right to choose – that privilege belongs to God.  Left to ourselves, the choice will always be the one that appears to benefit us.  “Living the life of faith you will exercise your right to waive your rights, and let God make your choice for you.” (Chambers).  I clearly recall two major decisions in my life which raised a few eyebrows.  By God’s grace, I was obedient and they proved to be His Best for me and my family.  In a world where personal rights are held tightly and often with selfish pride, giving up to win seems foolish.  The real foolishness is refusing to walk before God allowing Him all authority in our lives.  Choose ye this day whom you will serve!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home