Wednesday, August 23, 2017

No Tears

Of all the things that cause us to weep, I suspect there are more sad tears than happy ones.  Scripture doesn’t give great detail about our heavenly bodies, but there will be no apparent need of tear ducts!  Isaiah 65 is a strong message of God to a rebellious people: strong words of judgment for those who “walk in the way which is not good, following their own thoughts.” (V.2). God’s calling out of the gods of Fortune and Destiny (V.10) could easily be the headlines today!  Among the judgments for rebellion are beautiful words of promise for those who love the LORD: “For behold, I create new heavens and a new earth; and the former things will not be remembered or come to mind. But be glad and rejoice forever in what I create … And there will no longer be heard … the voice of weeping and the sound of crying.” (V.17, 18, 20).  What a confident future true Believers have!  I think of my Mom a lot these days, the things that made her cry – even me at times; those things no longer trouble her.  According to God’s Word, my Mom cries no more!  “No tears, no tears up there – Sorrow and pain will all have flown – No tears, no tears up there – No tears in heaven will be known.” (Hymn lyrics by Robert S. Arnold, 1935).  I’m not gonna to miss those tear ducts – how about you?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home