Sunday, April 15, 2018

Uniquely Personal

Learning is a life-long endeavor and usually the more we learn, the more we know. For several months now, I've been studying personal holiness.  The more I learn of God's holiness, the more I realize my own unholiness.  I'm certain this isn't happenstance.  God's command that we be holy as He is holy isn't random or off-the-cuff; clearly, it's the only way we can be in close relationship with the One Who created us, designed our lives, and loves us intensely.  You see, God can't un-do Who He is - He can't be "unholy." We can, however, set before us the goal of being personally holy; actually, it's the only way we can draw near to Him and experience intimate and sweet fellowship with Him.  Consider this: are you ever reaching for a closeness with The Father but it always seems just out-of-reach?  For me personally, when that happens, sin is culprit.  Hebrews 12:11 confirms, "Strive ... for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord."  Truth is, God is serious about our holiness, and it's always uniquely personal!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home