Monday, February 25, 2019

Do What You Love

"Do what you love" is a slogan widely admired and embraced. It really is sweet to love what you do! The greatest fulfillment comes, however, by doing what God loves. Scripture tells us that's what we are created for: "For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them." (Ephesians 2:10). I know, I know - doing His works isn't always pleasant, enjoyable, easy. I get it!  What I'm learning, however, is the more time I spend with The Father, getting to know and building my relationship with Jesus, the more I'm loving doing what God loves. Now, I've spent 40+ years with Mr Bill and still don't find joy in hunting and fishing but I'm not crafted by Mr Bill; rather, I'm designed by God and He knows perfectly what completes me: doing the will of The Father!  I challenge you to ask God to teach you how to love Him wholly - without reservation - then you'll find real satisfaction in doing what He and you both love!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home