Sunday, August 4, 2019

Taste and See

We observed one of the smaller hummingbirds feed recently, and noticed her tiny feet tightly clamped to the feeder.  No doubt she loved the drink, but she seemed to intensely love even that which held the sweet nectar.  From my writings, you should know how deeply I love God’s Word, and well every Believer should.  Let me be clear: it is His Word that draws me nearer to Its Author!  Because Scripture is God-breathed [all Scripture is breathed out by God, 2 Timothy 3:16a] to read His words is to know His thoughts, feelings, character, instructions and promises.  It’s hard [for me] to understand the one who claims to love God yet has no appetite for His Word.  Paul continues by confirming what God’s words do: “profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work.” (2 Timothy 3:16b-17). If I was forced to admit one thing that has greatly influence me as a Believer, I must say it is faithfully reading and studying God’s Word. The psalmist challenges us, “Oh, taste and see that the LORD is good!” (Psalm 34:8).  There are many ways to taste God’s Goodness, but certainly reading and meditating on His words is one of the greatest taste tests!  And, you’ll find the Author is present at every taste!  Yes, read His Word – taste and see!

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home