Monday, September 9, 2019

Plain Path

Plain is good for me.  My colleagues used to laugh at my "plain" computer desktop – no colors, no screen savers, no background, only a few icons. Maybe it's because I'm easily distracted or confused, but plain is works for me. For God's Children, the plain path is good.  Psalm 27:11 says, "Teach

me thy way, O Lord, and lead me in a plain path, because of mine enemies." The Hebrew word for "plain" is "straight."  Think of how often ... and

easily ... we are lured away from God's protective Shadow and directive Hand by the world's lavish calls.  Yes, we are easily distracted by evil's

brilliance and luster.  Oh, how we need the plain, the straight as pointed to by God's Hand -- directed to the righteousness He desires in our lives. Plain ... nothing alluring, nothing distracting -- a plain, straight path on which to travel.  Plain really works best for us all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home