Sunday, January 12, 2020

Mighty Roar

In her 1972 chart-topper, Helen Reddy sang “I am woman, hear me roar.” The vivid memory of the teenager-me singing along just makes me giggle! God’s Word refers to roaring a few times, but it’s waters and lions that roar!  Have you ever had one of those “roaring” days?  Days when all you seem to do is snip-snap-spit-and-spew!  Mercy on those who get in your way!  God, through the psalmist, lays out the way to a better spirit: “As for me, I am poor and needy, but the LORD takes thought for me.  You are my Help and my Deliverer; do not delay, O my God!” (Psalm 40:17). The first step toward Help and Delivery is embracing a poor and needy spirit. Give up to win. Surrender to be victorious. Humble ourselves to become mighty. Oh, the gracious and sweet exchange of poverty for wealth – in Christ alone.  Now, that’s something to roar about!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home