Sunday, March 29, 2020

Conscious in Christ

A vacant mind? Mister Bill assures me there are times when [in his mind] there is no conscious thought.  Hmmm, I have trouble with that one! It seems the more technology advanced we become, the less contented we are with free and quiet moments.  I love to sit in my porch swing, but even there my cell phone is nearby.  Consider the words of this Puritan prayer: “Thou has given me the ordinance of song as a means of grace – I bless Thee for tempering every distress with joy – I love Thee for giving me clusters of grapes in the wilderness – Apart from Thee I quickly die, bereft of Thee I starve, far from Thee I thirst and droop – Thou art all I need.” (Valley of Vision).  Perhaps we don’t know how to rest completely and contentedly in Christ, The All-Sufficient One.  In Him alone is absence of all else; in Him we confidently trust and deeply rest and find the soul’s Joy and Peace.  “Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.” (1 Thessalonians 5:18). May our conscious thoughts be fixed securely and contentedly in Christ Jesus our Lord!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home