Sunday, March 15, 2020

Get Moving

Those pesky stink bugs seem to be everywhere!  How they make their way indoors is a mystery to me – they seem to rarely move! Even when they're in imminent danger, they just sit there - never moving away from danger! Oh my, how this sounds like me at times. Knowing my weaknesses and conditions of vulnerability, I just sit tight. Of all sorts of evil, Paul writes, "flee these things." (1 Timothy 6:11a). There is no hint of inactivity in that command!  He continues, "Pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, steadfastness, gentleness." (1 Timothy 6:11b).  So, we don't just patiently wait until danger passes like a wave of nausea, but rather get-going and moving toward what is good and holy and honorable. My Mama used to describe my doing-nothing mode like a "knot on a log" -- let's not be guilty of this is our spiritual battles. Like Peter teaches be sober and watchful (1 Peter 5:8), always moving away from danger and toward spiritual preservation! Who would have guessed we could learn such a lesson from a stink bug!

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home