Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Fly Right

One day I walked into church with my sweater wrong-side out.  Later, when I mentioned it to Mister Bill he admitted he saw it!  Speaking “candidly” to him for not telling me, his response was “I figured you meant to wear it like that.”  Really? Now, we all know our world is terribly mixed-up; the word catawampus come to mind. Maybe you can’t define catawampus but you know it when we see it: a slightly tilted picture frame,  a car parked crookedly between the lines, a disheveled book on the shelf.  Yes, those with an eye for catawampus know it well!  I gasped to hear someone say in an interview, “the matter of God is just a distraction.”  Bout choked, I did!  Paul reminds us, “If then you have been raised with Christ, seek the things that are above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God.  Set your minds on things that are above, not on things that are on earth.” (Colossians 3:1-2).  We should expect world-thinking to be askew but I greatly fear too many Believers share this mindset.  Be clear -- God is neither a “matter” nor a “distraction.”  Have we lost sight of God’s Sovereignty, that He is the Supreme Ruler Who rules all the affairs of the universe including every smidgen of our lives?  He IS the Place of Rest for Believers as well as the Center of our world and worship. “For the LORD is a great God, and a great King above all gods … Oh come, let us worship and bow down; let us kneel before the LORD, our Maker!” (Psalm 95:3, 6).  The boldness and shame of mankind are easily summed up in imagining we are kings and lords!  My Mom used to tell me “young lady, you best straighten up and fly right.”  I knew what that meant -- change your attitude and misbehavin’ ways! Scripture says, “There is a way that seems right to a man, but its end is the way to death.” (Proverbs 14:12).  I challenge you to refuse catawampus thinking-and-living; fly right according to God’s Truth.  Don’t honk if you love Jesus – obey Him!  Don’t imagine God is your co-pilot – He is The Pilot!  Choose this day whom you will serve!  Refuse catawampus!  Fly Right!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home