Monday, March 30, 2020

God's Portion

When it was Mister Bill plus three hungry boys living here, I admit portions mattered! I usually announced we were having an “all you can eat” meal, put portions on their plates, smiled and said, “this is all you can eat.” During periods of our lives, we learn just how frail we really are. It doesn’t have to be a health pandemic to make us consider if we’re at greater risk; no, sometimes normal-everyday circumstances push us to consider our personal limits. The psalmist began 73:26 this way: “My flesh and my heart may fail.” Makes me think some-thing happened [in thought or reality] that caused him to know his own confines of mortality; made him realize this mortal-me isn’t as tough as I thought. His next thought-affirmation, however, encourages us all: “But God is the Strength of my heart and my Portion forever.” (73:26b). God is my “portion” – my share, my tract, my possession … forever. My guys knew when Mom said “this is all you can eat,” she meant the pans were now empty – there were no more helpings. God’s Portion is literally all we need – it’s an endless buffet of Himself for each day, every day, all of life and forever!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home