Thursday, April 30, 2020

Keep Peace

Many people feel a bit "shackled" by the stay-at-home and no-hugging rules of the past month or so. Let me assure you there are worse ways to be bound and gagged! When's the last time you were mad and not speaking to someone who offended you, and you were committed to never forgive? Perplexed and uncertain, peace escaped you. Isaiah 26:3 says, "You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You." Interestingly, "stayed on You" always takes backseat to "stayed on me." Instinctively, life is all about me, myself and I. When we are focused on Christ, however, we will not forget His commands nor His gracious response to our offense: "Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you." (Ephesians 4:32). Keeping the peace with God and with others begins with keeping the peace in me. Re-focus and keep peace!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home