Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Be A Disciple

Name tags are pretty common when you attend an event or conference. It is a bit weird, however, when you're talking to someone and they're trying to read your name rather than hear your words. Used 250+ times in the New Testament, "disciple" is the most common name for followers of Christ. The English translation of the Greek word is "pupil or learner." I've been a Believer for more than 50 years, but I can't honestly say I've been a disciple in the truest sense of the word. Of course, I'm thankful for my Salvation but I'm not at all proud of the years I wasn't a serious learner or pupil of Jesus. I wish I had the testimony of Mnason of Cyprus, who is described as an "old disciple" in Acts 21:16. Old - not in age but rather an early [from the beginning] learner of Jesus. Well, I can't undo what is done nor loiter in the past - neither should you. Today is the day to know your name, that it is written in heaven, and be serious about learning of Christ: be a disciple!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home