Monday, May 10, 2021

Attentive

It's probably pretty safe to assume no one likes to be ignored! Recently in passing, I spoke to someone; never looking up, just an unfriendly "hello." The psalmist writes, "I waited patiently for the LORD; He turned to me and heard my cry." (Psalm 40:1, NIV). It is indeed wonderful God hears those who love Him yet another sweet part of this verse [to me] is that God "turned to me." There it is - a beautiful illustration of God's personal attentiveness to my voice. In a world when it often seems no one's listening or people are listening but not hearing, what blessed assurance God is attentive to those who are attentive to Him! It's not a casual or unfriendly response; no! it's a look-you-in-the-eyes "hello, dear child of mine ... I'm here and I'm listening ... talk to Me." Then His attentiveness turns to deliverance: "He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; He set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear the LORD and put their trust in Him." (V.2-3). His attentiveness to me turns others' attentiveness to The Attentive One! Oh, how the world longs for One Who loves and cares in such an attentive way. Blessed is the one who trusts in the LORD!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home