Sunday, May 9, 2021

Memory of Mom

As focused as I tried to be, not one memory surfaced about my Mom. Before you conclude my wheels have surely jumped track, let me explain. This head-strong first-born was a challenge! Nonetheless, for all my self-proclaimed independence, much of who my mother was is who I am today. While that one overwhelming memory eludes me, countless recollections of her life are clearer than ever. By the gracious and miraculous workings of God, I recognize that caring acts of kindness originating in deep-heart attitudes of compassion have come to me from God Himself ... yes, through my mother. No, it wasn't a one-time, once-and-done thing with Mom; it was a day-by-day, see-and-do life of faithfulness before me and my sisters that I rightly acknowledge and fondly recall. That's the memory of Mom I recall. Furthermore, that's the memory of Mom I want my own children and grandchildren to remember of me. May Mom continue to live through me. Thank you, Mom, for the memory!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home