Thursday, March 10, 2022

His Beloved

Think about when you feel most loved. Was it when you were in the woes of sorrow or difficulty that someone really loved on you and your heart was strengthened? The word "beloved" appears 112 times in the King James Version of the Bible, referring to one most dearly loved. God called Jesus His "beloved Son" then Jude later addresses Jesus' followers as "beloved" in his letter. We rightly conclude those who belong to The Father are His beloved ones. How [then] do we experience this most-dearly-loved status as Believers? Well, I felt most-loved a few weeks ago when friends brought dinner and flowers, when my mailbox exploded with cards of encouragement, when greeted with smiles and hugs. The psalmist says: "For me it is good to be near God; I have made the Lord God my refuge, that I may tell of all Your works." (Psalm 73:28). In close spiritual proximity to God is where we'll know true beloved-ness. If there were actually a loveometer - a device to measure love - it would be most accurately calibrated to The Perfect Love by which we are loved of God. Oh, yes, He loves me - Oh, yes, He loves you - Oh, yes, He loves you and me. Draw close to God - He Who loves ... His beloved!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home