Tuesday, May 9, 2023

The Cause

When I walked into my house, the fragrance of clean made me smile! The floors were mopped, bathrooms scrubbed, carpet vacuumed, kitchen sink spotless. Yes, that smell of clean as well as that it wasn't my own elbow-grease - well, it was just delightful. I suggest Believers are too often confused about what brings them delight. Listen to the psalmist: "It is a good and delightful thing to give thanks to the LORD, to sing praises to Your Name, O Most High, to declare Your lovingkindness in the morning and Your faithfulness by night ... For You, O LORD, have made me glad by Your works; at the works of Your hands I joyfully sing." (Psalm 92:1-2, 4). What captures your heart? Is it a new dress, vacation plans, a winning team, a satisfying meal? Of course, these things bring us joy and cause for celebration but they come-and-go, they demand do-overs - not so with The Father. God is unfailingly faithful at all times, in every circumstance! In view of who God is, we don't need to "wait around" for the next big joyful moment. There's a perpetually perfect Cause to sing, to delight, to rejoice, to be grateful: He is ... The Cause of all causes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home