Tuesday, September 26, 2023

Ceasing of Me

Oh, my, how many times have I heard Mister Bill say in order to fix something or to fish, he must have the right tools!  You know, he's s right. Several places in Scripture, we read Jesus went away to a solitary or secluded place to pray. How is it I can expect spiritual peace and rest in my own rockin' boat on a storm-tossed sea! Some translations of Psalm 37:7 read "Be still before the LORD" while others read "Rest in the LORD." I suggest Believers have confused being still with being at rest. That Hebrews word for "rest" means to "become dumb" - accept the capacity of incapacity! If you've ever tried to float in the water, the only way to do so effectively is by a full release of everything that would otherwise keep you afloat. The right tools to genuine rest in Jesus is a relinquishing of all of me, setting aside every tool at my disposal. To truly rest in Christ is a total of ... ceasing of me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home