Wednesday, November 29, 2023

Yay Thee!

Never have I boasted of my culinary skills; however, there are a few times when I've surprise even myself at the tastiness of something I put together - yay, me! I wonder how often I have presumptuously said yay-me instead of The Lord ... yay-Thee. Truly from the depths of himself, the psalmist said, "My soul makes its boast in the Lord" (Psalm 34:2, ESV). Perhaps the word "supremacy" is lost when referring to the ultimate power and authority of God in and through His children. Like Paul said in Romans 7:18, "I know that nothing good dwells in me," and as a former pastor used to remind us: we "bring nothing to the table." Neither for my salvation nor my sanctification (being made holy) have I cause to boast - it's all the work of God through Christ in me! How then do we accomplish that which is none of our own doing? Jesus said, "I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in Me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from Me you can do nothing." (John 15:5, ESV). Abide and remain and find great joy and confidence to boast. It is Christ alone Who gives voice to the soul; yes, He is how we say are able to say ... Yay Thee!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home