Sunday, July 21, 2024

Rightful Dwelling Place

Finally, I got my patio! Since giving up my beloved porches at our former house, I've longed for a lingering place. Now, I just have to wait for cooler weather! The prophet Isaiah wrote: "This is what the LORD says, 'Heaven is My throne and the earth is My footstool. Where, then, is a house that you could build to Me? And where will My resting place be? For all these things My hand has made, so all these things came into being [by and for Me].' declares the LORD." (Isaiah 66:1-2a, AMP). Whether it be careers, relationships, notoriety ... or patios, they in no way resemble where God longs to dwell: "But to this one I will look [graciously], to him who is humble and contrite in spirit, and who [reverently] trembles at My word and honors My commands." (Isaiah 66:2b, AMP). How is it we just don't get it - that The Creator of heaven and earth, Almighty God Who is above and beyond and transcends all things, simply wants to make His home in the hearts of the humbled hearts of men. It is unimaginable, unfathomable, incredible, amazing and awesome all at the same time! Jesus said, "Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth" (Matthew 5:5, ESV) ... yes, the earth of which He says is His and all that is in it (Psalm 24:1). Oh yes, I plan to enjoy that patio when summer heat subsides and autumn leaves begin to fall. May God Eternal take joy right now and evermore in my humble heart - His ... rightful dwelling place.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home