Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Perfect Pair

Yes, I admit it!  I'm high-spirited.  I know, of course, there are times when a more cool, calm, and collected "me" is required.  When I'm running around in circles squawking or in a dizzy panic, Mr. Bill is not only entertained by the show, he remains cool, calm, and collected.  Guess God paired us up pretty good.

Matthew 5:5 says, "Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth." By today's standards, meek people are those who [just might] end up being eaten alive -- yes, someone else's dinner!  God's Word, however, does not describe meekness as helpless or weak.  Those of a meek nature, of course,  have the power to be otherwise -- perhaps high-spirited, but instead present a more soothing & calming spirit.  Dr. David Jeremiah describes meekness as "grace that brings strength and gentleness together." Can't you just picture perfect peace & rest in a spirit of meekness.  In Matthew 11:28, Jesus said, "Come to Me ... I'll give you rest." Turning our hearts and minds to Christ is the first step toward meekness, as well as peace & rest.  Paired up with Christ, safely and protectively in His Presence, we find all we need to face whatever hair-raising circumstances that come our way.  Now, that is the perfect pair -- Jesus & me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home