Monday, May 7, 2012

How Sweet It Is!

Sweet tea is a staple at my house.  I keep two gallons in the refrigerator at all times.  I make tea more often than I do laundry.  Myself, I like unsweetened tea but that is neither practical nor popular, and ample cause for mutiny here!

Do you know the sweetness of God's Kingdom?  Oh, how we miss the richness of His Kingdom because we just don't see it.  My favorite apple is the golden delicious, however, it is not enough to just look at it -- I'll never know its sweet taste.  Jesus said to the Pharisees in Luke, "God's kingdom is coming, but not in a way that you will be able to see with your eyes. People will not say, 'Look, here it is!' or, 'There it is!' because God's kingdom is within you." (17:20-21)  The natives of Nigeria say that "to be happy is to be sweet inside."  For Believers in Christ Jesus, we do not need to look any further for we would be searching vainly for what Christ has already given us at salvation. It's joy that cannot be taken away (John 16:22).  Jackie Gleason used to say, "How sweet it is!" That's the absolute truth about the Joy of Christ in kingdom-living.  Go ahead, say it right now -- How Sweet It Is ... now live it!