Monday, May 14, 2012

No Disguise

A mess can rarely be disguised.  Many years ago, I returned home to a stack of dirty cups in the sink.  They were stacked three-foot high!  “But Mom, we stacked them neatly” they said.

God isn't fooled nor pleased with “tidy” lives.  No, He’s way more interested in pure hearts.  I'm always amazed when I look into the mirror of God’s Word, my own unrighteousness looks right back at me!  "Examine me, O Lord, and prove me; try my reins and my heart." (Psalm 26:2)  I cringe when I recall my attitudes, reactions, and words brought on [no doubt] by what I feed on rather than God’s Word.  Psalm 119:11 says, “I have stored up your word in my heart, that I might not sin against you.”  Wisdom found in the Bible does more than tidy up: His words wash us and empower us.  Tidy is not what God desires!  See the mess, confess it, and be completely cleansed.  The results need no disguise!