Thursday, January 17, 2013

Helpline

Business cards are helpful especially from those whom we’re confident we’ll need to call for help along our way. That time-of-help often arrives sooner than later, and I’m usually wondering, “now, what did I do with that card?”

God said to Isaiah, “I will help thee, said the LORD.” (Isaiah 41:14). Unlike us, He’s never in a rush from one brushfire to the next, or prone to bungle certain needs, or bound by limited resources. Spurgeon wrote this reminder, “What! Not help thee? I have died for thee … Before the world began I chose thee … I made the covenant for thee … I laid aside My glory and became a man for thee … I gave up My life for thee.” Oh, how absent-mindedly Believers allow the world’s drama and trauma to invade what we know to be so. Spurgeon adds of our Great God, “’Tis much for thee to need, but it is nothing for Me to bestow.” I’ve often said what a terrible thing it is for Christians to wring their hands in despair! Always remember -- “God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.” (Psalm 46:1). God’s calling card is His Word filled with promise-after-promise, and He is THE ever-present, ever-ready Helpline! Trust Him – Try Him – Prove Him!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home