Monday, January 21, 2013

Love Life!

Watching my fifteen-month old granddaughter (Ella) is one of my newest hobbies! I’m amazed at her amazements: discovering new words, new foods, new animals. Each day is a new adventure. She loves life, and that just makes me giggle!

Do you enjoy breathing? It’s a pretty awesome thing to do and a serious pastime of mine. I suggest the greatest tragedy and social issue of our day is how a “civilized” culture consistently takes that right-to-breathe away. Those who entertain the world’s debate about when life begins – well, they don’t know David! He gave us divine revelation about God’s love for life: “For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother's womb. I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well. My frame was not hidden from you, when I was being made in secret, intricately woven in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them. How precious to me are your thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum of them!” Psalm 139:13-17. Life by divine design and deemed precious! How will we ever stand before The Creator to answer for [now] forty years of 55,000,000+ babies never taking the breath God intended for them! We have work to do – like Habakkuk, we must station ourselves on the tower and boldly tell God’s Truth! Habakkuk 2:1-2. Ella learned to say “I love you” this week, and my heart melts every time I hear it! As a nation, we have not been faithful to life yet God remains faithful; He has not changed His mind about how precious His thoughts are toward every individual soul. Know this: God loves life – so must we!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home