Thursday, January 24, 2013

Misplaced Joy

Misplacing things is one of my past times! Socks, receipts, paperwork ... the list grows endless. Like many folks, however, of all the things I've lost - it's my mind I miss the most!  Of all things, the easiest and most frequent thing lost is the joy of Christ. For the Believer, it is never truly lost ... just misplaced. The following "borrowed blessing" written by eight-year old Fanny Crosby, who was blind from birth, helps get me back on-track. Read and enjoy .. and renew His Joy within!

O what a happy soul am I! Although I cannot see,
I am resolved that in this world -- contented I will be;
How many blessings I enjoy -- that other people don't!
To weep and sigh because I'm blind, I cannot, and I won't.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home