Friday, January 25, 2013

Smell It!

Some folks like their shower in the morning, and some folks like their shower at night. Me, I shower when I feel like it! It may be morning, it may be night, or it may be in the middle of the day. Yes, I know that may seem strange but always remember, “normal is just a setting on the dryer.”

Knowing what is right is one thing, but doing what is right is something else! The Old Testament Prophet Habakkuk asked why God allowed wickedness to continue and use them to punish the righteous. Sounds like a good question for today as well! God assured Habakkuk had not only chosen what was right, he had done what was right and would be rewarded. Habakkuk’s response was one of praise, “The LORD God is my strength, and He will make my feet like hinds’ feet and He will make me walk upon mine high places.” (Habakkuk 3:19). The hind is a female red deer that makes her home in the mountains. Interestingly, the hind’s rear feet step precisely in the same spot where her front feet have just been. Each movement of the hind is single-focused and consistent. This alone makes the hind the most sure-footed mountain animal. Too many Christians choose not to walk in the way of the LORD, and hence dwell in low-lying places where spiritual air is stagnant and spiritually polluted? God has so much more for His redeemed! Yes, to live in “high places, ” where paths may indeed be steep and treacherous and uncertain yet God equips us [with hinds’ feet] for the roughest of terrains. Most who know me know I hum throughout the day, and most of the time don’t even realize it. It is a conscious decision I make each morning to have a song stirring in my soul, and I find it helps chase away gloom that seeks to devour my spirit. This life is tough and it’s rough, but in Christ we overcome and [with Habakkuk] say -- “Yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will joy in the God of my salvation.” (3:18). A shower in the middle of the day is quite refreshing – so is humming! Whatever works for you, be refreshed in the Spirit of the LORD and smell that mountain air!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home