Monday, February 4, 2013

Love Hopes

Do you recall a seemingly hopeless situation? One such situation I recall happened when Mr. Bill whisked me away to the Caribbean for our twenty-fifth wedding anniversary. We went to an eco park and taking a break from snorkeling, we decided to do a slow tube ride down the river in a double tube (built for two). Kindly, Mr. Bill held the tube steady so I could maneuver myself onto the tube from the ledge. Instead of easing onto the tube, I gave a big heave-ho -- catapulting myself backwards into the twenty-foot deep, cold water ... losing my prescription sunglasses en route. The laughter and applause from onlookers was no match for the astonished look on Mr. Bill 's face. He hung his head in despair because he knew – yes, he knew I expected him to dive for my glasses. Mr. Bill has always been my hero ...

With God's Love, there’s always hope. How many times have we wanted to give up on situations, people, or circumstances! It must not be so for Believers – we know The Hope and hope is ours. Hope carries us beyond the realm of human expectancy. Yes, the Hope provided to us by God's eternal love always surfaces, rises to the top in any situation of life. “In your hearts honor Christ the Lord as holy, always being prepared to make a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you.” (1 Peter 3:15). Our world -- friends, co-workers, neighbors, family -- needs to see that Hope in our faces, our eyes, our living. Never despair – love hopes!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home