Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Ever Present

Home is always good! The beach is also good. For me, there is nothing more serene than white sand, sea oats, coastal breezes, and gentle ocean waves. That brief interlude is now past, and my porch swing must take over!

What a blessing to know our God is ever present! How easily we forget there is no place where God is not. "Whither shall I go from Thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from Thy presence? If I ascend up into heaven, Thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, Thou art there. If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea; Even there shall Thy hand lead me, and Thy right hand shall hold me.” (Psalm 139:7-10). The serenity of the beach draws me to the Presence of the Creator, my Father, and Friend. He also reminds me I do not have to travel 390 miles from home to know His Presence. His Voice beckons me back to where I live, the day-to-day obligations and responsibilities where He is also ... ever present. It is His Word and Presence that brings wisdom and courage for each task, day in and day out. The fact is -- we are never alone! Oh, we need the change in scenery and the slower pace, but He remains no more and no less present in our lives. The challenge is always to recognize and know His Hand in the now-moments of each day, and be warmed and encouraged by It. Whatever we do and wherever we go, He is there ... He is ever present!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home