Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Held Tightly

Linus didn't leave home without it -- his blanket, that is.  Don’t laugh -- I know teenagers, even grown folks who still hold “things” dear and near.  It may be a stuffed bear or a special pillow but whatever it is, it holds much love and endearment.

Once again, I find myself hanging onto every word describing current events of terrorism.  The reminder that sudden and unexpected dangers exist can be overwhelming. On this Nation’s tragic 9-11, what dad kissed his children goodbye, or what mother dropped her kids off at school, or what businessman ate his bagel as he walked to work, or what woman pressed the last few wrinkles from her suit ... could have imagined that day's coming disaster! We embrace too much that is fleeting, and press it for faithfulness it cannot deliver. Security and hope misplaced ultimately leaves us vulnerable to Satan's acts of terrorism especially on our souls. Jesus Christ offers the rock-solid, unfathomable, and indestructible foundation for all that will be sifted with time. It took mere minutes to crumble an iconic skyline, yet still  men live with no real fear for our souls.  There is an Anchor, secure and eternal: "The Lord is my Rock, and my Fortress, and my Deliverer; my God, my Strength, in Whom I will trust ..." (Psalm 18:2).  Claim Him today (and beyond) as your Security, and remember: you’re not holding Him – He’s holding you!

I don't know about tomorrow, I just live from day to day
I don't borrow from its sunshine, for its skies may turn to gray
I don't worry over the future, for I know what Jesus said
And today I'll walk beside Him, for He knows what is a head
Many things about tomorrow I don't seem to understand
But I know Who holds tomorrow and I know Who holds my hand

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home