Sunday, October 18, 2015

What Are You Kissing?

Lips.  What would we do without them!  Mr. Bill loves to perplex waitresses by ordering “chicken lips.”  Lips get painted, chapped, sunburned, licked, and, of course, kissed!  By far, the best of lip activity is kissing – our children and grandchildren, spouse, parents, etc.  A kiss warmly and lovingly planted conveys so much.  Why, I even watched a ten-year old kiss his aluminum bat once as he stepped into the batter’s box!

 

In John 11, we read how Jesus set His feet to go to Judea again.  His disciples couldn't believe it!  He was going back to an area where the people were going to stone Him, but it was Judea that He needed to go. Finally, Thomas said something that I find interesting ... and challenging. "Let us also go, that we may die with him." (v16b)  Dying to self [the flesh] is never easy, and mostly because I'm "kissing" too many other things: my mirror, my checkbook, my calendar, my refrigerator, my profession, my stuff.  I should be humbled instead, and kissing the feet of my Savior and Lord Who sacrificed His all ... died to His flesh in the garden, in front of Pilate, before the world on Golgotha ... simply so I could live victoriously over strong holds in my life.  Death to self is the greatest  opportunity to live freely and joyfully in Christ.  The secret is a definite change in lip activity! What are you kissing?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home