Monday, February 1, 2016

Tank Up!

Does your mind spin?  My mind seems to stay in a’spinnin’ most of the time – the need to’s at home, the gotta do’s at the office, and the want-to’s. Unfortunately, those want-to’s are usually crowded out!

 

Do you sometimes suffer a spiritual deficit?  My spiritual tank would be pretty full except for the need-to’s, gotta do’s, and want-to’s!  Hence, it’s a good thing to ask ourselves, “what is most needful?”  David wrote, “One thing have I asked of the LORD, that will I seek after: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to inquire in His temple.” (Psalm 27:4)  Of all the things I pray for, why isn’t hunger and thirst for God’s Presence at the top of my list?  Christ told Martha in Luke 10:42, “One thing is necessary. Mary has chosen the good portion, which will not be taken away from her.” Oh, how Satan loves to blur the line and confuse distinction between what is urgent and what is needful.  Do not forget, however, the psalmist’s words: “one thing” we are to seek after – God’s Presence.  Spiritual tanks are filled-to-overflowing and our need-to’s become our want-to’s!  Begin each day with The Father, and tank up!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home