Sunday, August 27, 2017

Speak Life

If a certified speech instructor could help master the full scope of the tongue, I’d sign up!  The Wisdom of God through His servant Solomon: “Death and life are in the power of the tongue, and those who love it will eat its fruit.” (Proverbs 18:21).  Author and humorist Barbara Johnson wrote, “Lord, let my words be sweet for tomorrow I may have to eat them.”  We’re told women speak substantially more words in a day than men; okay, guys, we get it. Nonetheless, whatever the amount of words we speak, the task of mouth management is a challenge!  The flaw in the management is no one has yet tamed the tongue.  The only hope we have is the continuous prayer of the righteous: ”Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in Your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.” (Proverbs 19:14).  Pray for grace to speak only life today!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home