Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Words of Wisdom

There are memories that haunt us while there are other
​s
 that sustain us.  Over the course of King David's life, I'm sure he knew just how true this 
​is
. In the waning days of his life, I wonder how often his mind replayed the quiet times on Judean hills while tending sheep as well as the dark troubled days when 
​bad choices brought about terrible 
consequences.  
​N
onetheless, some of his final words are recorded in 1 Kings 2; to Solomon, his son, he said, "Keep the charge of the Lord your God, to walk in His ways, to keep His statutes, His commandments, His ordinances, and His testimonies ... that you may succeed in all that you do and wherever you turn." (V.2-3). 
​One year ago, my Mom left us for her real home, and I often hear her echo David's words to me.  It's the same words I would speak to my own children.  There's really nothing better we can do than to speak Wisdom to those whom we love.  Mom, thank you for loving me enough to teach me ​the ways of the Lord, His commandments, His ordinances and His testimonies.  May I honor both you and God all the days of my life.  
 

​Remembering Mom: Faye Laverne Spinks Fuller, 1933-2017

1 Comments:

Blogger sherri said...

Amen!!

April 18, 2018 at 8:53 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home