Thursday, January 16, 2020

Never Miss A Call

A spotty or unreliable cell signal is problematic. For example, when Mr Bill is working in our basement, he’s “off the grid.”  Sadly, there are times in our spiritual lives when we [too] miss God’s voice and His personal call. Be assured of this: the missed call has nothing to do with the Caller!  The lack of signal can be traced to a struggling relationship with or broken fellowship with Christ.  Jesus said, “Abide in Me, and I in you.” (John 15:4). The Greek word “abide” refers to a continual tarrying and with purpose. A few days ago, I was expecting a call so my phone was constantly with me; I did not intend to miss that call! This is how we are to abide in Christ – being diligent and attentive to His voice, faithfully keeping ourselves in spiritual range so we never miss His call. The psalmist said, “But for me it is good to be near God.” (Psalm 73:28). There are days my phone is silent and that’s okay; it’s never a good thing, however, to be miss God’s voice. Remain in Him – never miss a call. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home