Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Live Untangled

It’s not uncommon for me to call Mister Bill on Sunday mornings to untangle necklaces. I’m so glad patience is one of his greatest virtues!  Maybe like me, you also know how easily it is to become entangled with the heaviness of fear, anxiety, discouragement, lack of purpose, forgetting Jesus set us free from all that! “It was for freedom that Christ set us free [completely liberating us]; therefore keep standing firm and do not be subject again to a yoke of slavery.” (Galatians 5:1).  I like how the King James translation says it: “be not entangled again.” Paul writes of our previous condition (before salvation): weighted down, wrapped up, twisted into emotional and spiritual wrecks! Our Spiritual Freedom came at great cost – Jesus’ death and victory over death; that continued freedom comes by our dying daily to self (the sinful nature, the flesh).  If we choose to live unto ourselves – that is, me and myself in charge – then we’ll be like that wad of necklaces I hand Mister Bill … a tangled-up mess! Don’t you want to live in complete freedom – tangle free? Well, here you go: live and walk in the Spirit of Christ - and live untangled! 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home