Sunday, May 3, 2020

Keeping Company

Have you ever played the imaginary game, "Twenty Questions?" It's one I played with my parents as a teenager. Until I was a parent myself, all the questions seemed pointless: who's going - who's driving - who will be there? By the end of the "game," I wasn't sure I even wanted to go! Time with Jesus produces evidence of a different life. The religious and military leaders were amazed at Peter and John in Acts 4: "They marveled; and they recognized that they had been with Jesus." (V.13). What a distinguishing attribute! "Twenty questions" wasn't really a game; it was an act of loving and responsible parents who cared about the company I kept. We are wise to ask ourselves: what do others conclude by my responses and reactions to life? does my life reflect enough time in the company of Jesus? Beth Moore writes, "Let me be known by the company I keep - Eclipsed by Your presence that I may decrease - 'Til all You have chosen this traveler to meet - No longer see me but the Company I keep." Who's keeping you company these days?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home