Monday, October 19, 2020

Grace To Recall

With the availability and ease of online shopping as well as 1-2 day delivery, I'm guilty of being click-happy. I suggest we seem to have confused needs and wants. The Puritan prayed, "Give me grace to recall my needs."  Grace to recall - Godly power to bring back to my mind what I really need. As a young girl when I put more food on my plate than I could eat, I was told "your eyes are bigger than your stomach." The struggle between wants and needs and buying power-gone-wild may very well be a spiritual problem. From personal times of plenty and of little, David wrote, "The LORD is the portion of mine inheritance and of my cup; Thou maintainest my lot." (Psalm 16:5). To the Hebrews, the terms portion and lot and inheritance referred to land promised Israel but the principle truth we draw here is that God Himself is The Reward for those who believe and trust in Him. Before we succumb to one-click-that's-it, let's pause and consider God as The Portion promised and delivered to us by The Creator. Grace to recall Him - all we need!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home