Thursday, October 22, 2020

Theme Marvelous

There are many causes to celebrate: births and birthdays, weddings and anniversaries, new jobs and retirements, and other life events. It’s good and fun to celebrate but most celebrations are short-lived. How silly it is that Believers wear long-sad faces in fretfulness! Israel’s words could be our own: “The LORD has forsaken me; my Lord has forgotten me.” (Isaiah 49:14). No matter how many times God rescues His children, some crisis
will certainly throw us into a state of worry and fear: a cold-water celebration with an aftermath of stale cake, wilting flowers, deflated balloons and crusty party plates. To this God says, “Behold, I have engraved you on the palms of My hands.” (Isaiah 49:16). Instead of a fear-
and-doubt song-and-dance, we must remember, “The steadfast Love of the LORD never ceases, His mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; Great is Your Faithfulness. ‘The LORD is my Portion,’ says my soul, therefore I will hope in Him.” (Lamentations 3:22-24). How wonderful God’s Faithfulness and Steadfast Love are grand and unending celebrations – there’s absolutely no end to them! Oh, to marvel at God’s Rich Mercies and Rest completely in Christ at all times! Oh, what a wonder is The Father of the Redeemed -- His Faithful Goodness a continuous theme to marvel. "How marvelous, how wonderful - And my song shall ever be - How marvelous, how wonderful - Is my Savior's Love for me." What a marvelous theme!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home