Tuesday, October 20, 2020

Kiss of Heaven

A kiss can say many things. Different kinds of kisses convey different kinds of feelings. I suggest the sweetest of all kisses are those light and quick ones that say "see you later" or "be careful." Jesus said, "When you pray, go into your inner room, close your door and pray to your Father Who is in secret, and your Father Who sees what is done in secret will reward you." (Matthew 6:6). In a culture that has degraded the beauty of intimacy, there still exists the sweet purity of spiritual intimacy with God. When was the last time you stopped - ceased from striving - and entered into deep conversation with The Father? Believers have an open invitation: "Call to Me and I will answer you, and I will tell you great and mighty things, which you do not know." (Jeremiah 33:3). Perhaps it's best described by William Walford (1845): "Sweet hour of prayer - Sweet hour of prayer - That calls me from a world of care - And bids me at my Father's Throne." The most personal times of prayer cannot be rushed, squeezed into an otherwise hectic day; truly, nothing is more urgent to the Believer than intentional time with God in prayer. Admittedly, there are days I realize Mister Bill and I haven't shared a kiss - oops. May Jesus' followers never know a day without prayer. It truly is The Kiss of Heaven!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home