Tuesday, November 3, 2020

Gift of Days

As Americans, we rest on many assumptions: cleanliness, warmth, plenty, freedom, security and countless other conditions.  This is not the case for many in other countries. One thing common, however, to every living-breathing person is ... life. When God said "before I formed you in the womb, I knew you" in Jeremiah 1:5, The Creator declared life as holy and  blessed. We may say "life is good" but more accurately, "life is sacred." Those closest to me know how much I love my birthday! Yes, it's a declared family holiday and I insist on a birthday month. I seriously see no reason why anyone should not celebrate with great hoopla the gift of days! "And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul." (Genesis 2:7). I suggest we be less tight-lipped about our age and more vocal of the breaths we've been given. For sure, we are humbly grateful for the countless advantages we know as Americans, but first-and-always let us recognize the gift of days. Celebrate life!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home