Sunday, November 1, 2020

Great Cancellation

Do you remember the stack of cancelled checks that came with your bank statement? I suspect we still have a box or more of those old bank statements in our attic! Writing against Gospel skeptics and to encourage first century Believers, John wrote, "Do not be surprised, Believers, if the world hates you." (1 John 3:13). Little has changed since then for those who believe and without shame make their beliefs known. Our culture has attempted to dismiss-reject or cancel many ideas, beliefs, standards seeking to silence us. John continues, "We know that we have passed out of death into Life." (V.14). Without shame or apology, I admit membership in the Cancellation Club: because of Christ, my sin of unbelief - cancelled! my offense against God - cancelled! my deserved judgement - cancelled! my reservation in Hell - cancelled!  Oh yeah I do, I do rejoice in my cancellations!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home